Thursday, July 7, 2011

Happiness

Sometimes I run so fast I forget what each step feels like… sometimes I just need to take a break and enjoy the simple pleasures in life, to remind myself what really makes me happy.  So this past three day weekend, I decided to unplug from the world…   I did not open my work computer, or my personal one, I tried to stay off my phone as much as possible, and just really took time to enjoy everything around me.  I spent the weekend with close friends whom I adore and feel I don’t get to see enough of and even ran into a couple friends that I have not seen in forever.  My weekend happiness included:  Paradise Cove, mimosas, Corona Lights (tall can, I didn’t even know they made these), everything baked pretzels (my new obsession), shrimp (which was not as good as it sounded but we still ate it anyways), Venice Beach, watermelon soaked in vodka, watching my friends play football on the beach, fresh taco bar, lemonade & mint vodka cocktails, laughs, hugs, tons of pictures, rum cake that my girlfriend made, pool party, hot dogs & hamburgers, chips & salsa, 4th of July cupcakes, and I closed the day off with some fireworks from my neighbors back yard.

At the end of the weekend I wanted to capture this weekend in a way so that I could always remember what a perfect weekend felt like and all of the small details that made me happy, so needless to say I was looking forward to blogging about it.  People work their whole lives to reach happiness, like it is a destination.  Happiness is not a destination, it is an emotion you experience along your journey to the destination. 

Don’t forget to memorize what happiness feels like and the importance of each moment to just be.

   




No comments: