Monday, August 1, 2011

Beach Basics

Since I just spent 14 days at the beach I figured I would share some of my beach favorites.  A girl can never have too many fun things to dress up or dress down her look while at the beach.

Classic Cut Offs
Every girl should own a pair of cut off jean shorts.  For me, denim cut offs are the way to go and will always be a summer staple.  I buy at least one new pair each summer.  I am obsessed with GUESS Jean Shorts but these are my favorites of the season Rae Shorts, they are fun, funky, and they go with everything.

Beach Sandals
I cannot express how important it is to have a great pair of neutral sandals.  Your closet is exponentially multiplied when you have a shoe that goes with everything.  If you are headed into the sand my all times favorites are Havaianas Slim Flip Flop (I like the black and sand grey color) or you can never go wrong with Rainbow Sandals (I am on my third pair and I have never found a more perfect sandal).

White Tops
There is nothing more perfect then a lightweight tops to go with those denim cut offs, I actually love them for a variety of occasions.  Try this top from Urban Outfitters.

A Killer Cover Up
When you are feeling a little girlie fun flirty cover ups are a must.  They add the ideal dose of chic to any summer day.  I am a fan of the stripped cover ups (which can be paid with a cute skinny belt for some added fun and also helps to flatter your figure).  I also like sheer floral prints and rompers are still a favorite since they can be so versatile and literally an all-in-one ensemble.

LBB
Just like every girl should have a little black dress, every girls should also have a LBB (Little Black Bikini).  It can easily match any outfit or cover up. VIX makes really cute LBB.  Like a LBD, every girl needs a LBB.

Oversized Tote
A classic straw tote with leather handles will last you years.  You can find a lot of these on swell.com.

No comments: