Thursday, September 29, 2011

60's Style


One of my best friends has decided that for her 28th birthday and she wants to have a Mad Men themed birthday party.  Everyone has to come in the theme and she is fortunate enough to have a grandmother that has an amazing bar in her house.  My girlfriend and I have taken on the task of make the dessert for the party since she does not want a birthday cake.  We have decided to go with Martini themed cupcakes, which I will share on my blog in the next week to come. 

Since I have never seen an episode of the show I am have definitely been doing my research on their style back in the 60's.  Banana Republic recently came out with a Man Men line of clothing which has some amazing pieces in it but can be a little pricey.  With all of the new shows premiering this season, all of them have been going back to the 60's style and their way of life.  If you have not had a chance to check them out please do, my favorites right now are Pan Am and Playboy Club. This is also a huge theme for Halloween this year, below are some examples of how you can put your outfits together with stuff that might be in your own closet already.
{Fellas of Mad Men}




{Ladies of Mad Men}



Make sure to check back to see which one of these gorgeous ladies style I decide to do that night.  What is your favorite Mad Men style?

No comments: