Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Musical Chairs

My girlfriend shared a quote with me today which I loved and thought I would share some key points in the quote she sent me. 

In the game of musical chairs, everyone walks around a circle of chairs.  When the music stops, they scramble for the nearest open chair.  If we were playing this game and found the nearest chairs taken, wouldn't we quickly look around for the next open one?  To remain immobilized, angry that the chair we wanted was taken, would undoubtedly lose our place in the game.  Sometimes in life, we set our sights on a particular chair.  When we don't get what we want, it is easy to keep looking at what we didn't get instead of seeing all that we have.  It is important to be grateful for what we have - for the open doors and empty chairs waiting and inviting our attention.  Loss and disappointment are part of life - but the music will play again and our lives can move on.


To my girlfriend Jess, thanks for always bringing a smile to my face and reminding me that "God is a better manager of the people we have in our lives than we are for ourselves" - Jess you could not have said it any better than that!

1 comment:

Jess{BecauseImTwentySomething} said...

Aww! Seems we are often on the same learning path. <3 you!!