Monday, November 14, 2011

Self Note: Love & Lost

Lately the topic of whether it is "better to have love and lost than never to have loved at all," has come up a lot in conversations, each conversation with its own unique twist and insight, biased to that person's past experiences.  Many people face relationships head on while others tend to run and hide.  No matter what phase of your life you are in, whether you are single, married, divorced, separated, or still trying to figure out where you still fall in all of this... you will come to that point where you will be questioned. 

What I've learned... if you are fortunate enough to actually meet someone that shakes you to the core, makes you realize that you are not complete without them in your life, they give you someone that no one ever could before, you should be grateful for that opportunity.    Life is all about ups and downs, and if you sit down and talk to a couple that has been together for 70 years; you realize life and love is not an easy thing.  Where there is love, there is communication, determination, compromise in the form of sacrifice, humility, and many apologizing with the famous two words "I'm sorry.” 

I came across this quote "A part of me will always love you, always hold onto what we had and how I felt... Try as I may, I will never silence that small voice in my head that says "You loved him first".  Because you may not be my true love, my great love, or my last love but no one can take away that you were my First Love."  Some people live their whole lives hoping for the opportunity to even feel the slightest touch of what this quote is implying.  So if you are lucky enough to have it, treasure it and let that person know every day.  And if you have yet to find it... throw caution to the wind and take someone's hand and take as many hands as needed in order to find one worth holding onto. 

No comments: